How to Get Your Skincare Done Anywhere (Even Without a Sink)
by Emily Linehan on September 19, 2022
One of the things I always stress to my clients is how important it is to remain consistent when it comes to skincare. This includes completing your morning, nighttime, and pre-/post-workout skincare routines. While there can be struggles in getting your morning or nighttime routine done due to busy schedules, one of the things I hear most from my clients is that they are unable to complete their post-workout skincare routine immediately after working out due to not being near a sink. Luckily, there is a solution to this problem! Whether you’re hiking, traveling, or in any other sort of pinch, here is how you can get your skincare routine done from anywhere, even without a sink.
First and foremost, be sure that you bring your skincare with you. I designed our Skincare Travel Set to fit comfortably in a carry-on, gym bag, or diaper bag so that you can bring it with you wherever you go! You’ll also want to remember to pack your sunscreen, fragrance-free baby wipes (I love the Kirkland Brand and Water Wipes), and Silken Wipes or cotton rounds for the toner.
- Start by using a few baby wipes to “clean” your hands. You can also opt to use hand sanitizer if you have it! Just make sure you rub it in thoroughly, let it dry completely, then remove any residue with a baby wipe before moving to the next step. This will help ensure you avoid transferring any potentially drying ingredients to your skin.
- Apply your cleanser either without water or with a small amount of water from your water bottle and massage it on the face for 30-60 seconds.
- Use 3-4 baby wipes to thoroughly remove the cleanser. You can add a little water from your water bottle to the baby wipes, which may make it a bit easier to remove the cleanser!
- Apply 12 sprays of Calm Down Toner to your silken wipe/cotton round and wipe the face down...if you feel extra grimy you can opt to repeat this step.
- Apply 2 pumps of Skin Quencher Gel, 2 pumps of moisturizer, and 2 pumps of SPF...then you are ready for a post-hike brunch!