Winter Skin Tips: How to Prevent and Treat Dry Skin
"If you've been feeling like your skin is much drier lately, you are not alone..."
If you have been feeling like your skin is much drier lately, you are not alone. Colder winter temperatures outside can leave your skin red and raw while the dehydrating effects of heaters and fireplaces zaps moisture from the air and from your skin. This is why so many experience tight, flaky, even irritated or inflamed skin during the winter months... and this can make it hard to use your regular treatment serums or to know what to do to rehydrate your parched skin. Here’s the thing…dehydrated skin feels like it happens overnight, but it typically is a snowball effect from habits you may not be aware of. And while the skin can become dehydrated fairly quickly, it does take time to repair your skin's moisture barrier as compromised skin can’t hold onto moisture as easily as hydrated skin. So today, I am going to share with you all the tips to help prevent dry winter skin and what to do to reverse it so you can have glowing skin all winter long!
12 tips to help prevent dry winter skin:
- Avoid washing your face with hot water
- Try to limit how high you set your thermostat
- Don't get too close to the fireplace
- Use the floor vents in your car when using the car heater
- Get a cool mist humidifier
- Follow Your Post-Workout Skincare Routine
- Move quickly through your skincare routine (aka Skin Flooding)
- Exfoliate but don’t over exfoliate
- Drink Lots of water
- Take Omega 3 fish oil
- Avoid snuggling your face up to your scarf
- Don't Lick Dry Lips
Plus, all my tips and techniques for how to repair and replenish severely dehydrated skin so you can have glowing, hydrated skin for the holiday!