No Products in the Cart
Acne Triggers: Skincare, Makeup & Food
"For those of us who are acne prone, using the right skincare products is only half the battle"
In last weeks episode we took a deep dive into what causes acne (if you haven’t listened already, I highly recommend you start there!)
And while knowing the root cause is great, understanding how to clear your skin is probably even better. You may be expecting me to talk about what products can clear your skin in this episode, but unfortunately for those of us who are acne prone, using the right skincare products is only half the battle.
The other half is avoiding the acne triggers that can sabotage us in the process. There are so many of these triggers, but today I wanted to hone in on two key culprits to be aware of: pore-clogging ingredients and acne-triggering foods.
- Why your skincare, makeup, and even haircare can contribute to breakouts
- What the term “non-comedogenic” really means (or doesn’t mean)
- 11 foods that can directly impact your skin + acne-safe alternatives
- Pore Clogging Ingredients List
- Acne Safe Makeup List
- Are These Foods Triggering Your Acne?
- The Link Between Dairy and Acne (& Acne-Safe Alternatives)
- Acne-Safe Sugar Alternatives
- Sweet Leaf Stevia Drops
- Soy Free Alternatives
- #EmmeApproved Acne-Safe Protein Powders
- How Peanut Butter is Contributing to Your Breakouts
- Acne & Cooking Oils
- How Alcohol Can Affect Your Skin
- FREE Consultation
- Sign up for our newsletter for 15% off