No Products in the Cart
5 Reasons Adult Acne Is More Common Than Ever
"What woman wants to deal with breakouts and wrinkles at the same time?”
While you might feel like you are the only one struggling with adult acne, it is actually more common than not these days…and the data shows that these numbers are rising. In this episode we are sharing the top 5 reasons why adult acne is more common than ever and strategies to help clear your skin.
- Hormones: whether it’s due to a hormonal imbalance, starting or stopping birth control, pregnancy, or just your monthly cycle, hormones are the catalyst for acne breakouts. Learn how “cycle syncing” can help combat hormonal breakouts and surprising factors that affect your hormonal balance like foods, workouts, even the vitamins you take.
- Stress: We live in a stressed out world these days which often leads to increased headaches/migraines, restless or sleepless nights, suppressed immune system, digestive issues and as you may have guessed; hormonal acne.
- Diet: Processed, greasy foods and fast foods are commonly associated with acne, but other foods such as dairy, sugar and even eggs are hidden triggers that are likely contributing to your adult acne.
- Tummy Trouble: The correlation between our skin and our gut (gut-skin axis) goes much deeper than the foods we eat. Digestive issues and gut imbalances can lead to “leaky gut” which is linked to several skin and health conditions including acne. Learn how fermented foods, digestive enzymes and warm lemon water in the morning can help heal your gut…and your skin.
- Pore Clogging Ingredients: Most popular skincare and makeup products contain pore clogging ingredients that trigger breakouts including cystic acne, blackheads, pimples and more.. Since “non-comedogenic” is not a regulated marketing term, this means any product can use it (even when it’s not true!) Learn how to navigate your skincare and makeup with our Pore Clogging Ingredient List