No Products in the Cart
11 Lessons I Learned in 11 Years
by Emily Linehan on September 02, 2023
As we celebrate Emme Diane’s 11th anniversary, I can't help but reflect on the myriad of lessons I’ve gathered over the years. Here are 11 lessons I’ve learned over these beautiful years:
- Skincare is fun, but for those who are acne-prone, it’s not about vanity…it affects who we are and how we show up in this world.. It means so much to me to help my clients find their confidence again ❤️ Truly life-changing!
- Skincare marketing is so misleading…now more than ever. It’s frustrating to see terms like non-comedogenic, medical grade, and clean beauty, which are not regulated, being used to lure shoppers in. It fuels my mission of educating on skincare truths when it comes to ingredients and formulations! 💪🏼
- Everybody has a skin story. It’s so important for people to feel heard and understood when it comes to their skin. This is why I believe human interaction is key when solving skin issues. Looking at you, AI 😉
- You can’t go through life or business alone. I lost my mom to breast cancer, so having women in my life that have become mentors and supporters has meant so much to me. And there is an incredible team of women that work behind the scenes of Emme Diane - they care about each of my clients like I do, and I truly could not do this without them. Love you girls! 💕
- Let your heart lead the way. I started my business out of a one-bedroom apartment after being fired (which is super illegal, BTW) with my goal being to help as many acne sufferers as I can…and from that, I am still in disbelief of where I am today, 11 years later. ✨
- Never compromise on your core values…even when it’s the easy way out. 🙏🏼
- Routines are key to success. Not just with your skincare, but also diet, exercise, and wellness routines. In my life, being gluten-free, practicing daily meditation, and following the Tracy Anderson Method have been some of the biggest game-changers for me.🌱
- Have more fun!...like a lot more! One thing I discovered in the past year that I love is painting! I started taking ballroom dance lessons (which is my new obsession!)! 💃🏻
- Always be yourself. Truth and authenticity always trumps trendy and influency (and yes, I just made up that word!) The skincare industry is competitive and it’s so easy to get on the trendy train to get more views, followers, and clients. But I have always stood firm in embracing who I am (my quirks and all!) and sharing the truth, even when it goes against the grain.
- I learned that I am an enneagram 4, which makes me very empathetic, passionate, and drawn to authenticity but also a little bit of the ambitious type 3 and a little bit of the type 5 analytical science geek 👩🏻🔬
- Fur babies are everything, and I love being a dog mom to my little guys, Gatsby and Scout. 🐶
So here we are, 11 years and countless stories later. Here’s to lessons learned, challenges met, and the endless adventure ahead!